You are in good company
when you book Ingvar.
"Ingvar's entertainment was thoroughly enjoyed by all the residents. We are an independent living retirement residence and are accustomed to high quality entertainment events and Ingvar's show fit in perfectly!"
Fountains of Mission Retirement Residence
"I would like to thank you once again for your performance, and for the magic tricks. They were hilarious. We had a lot of feedback from those present who said that they very much enjoyed the show and your range of talent with both singing and playing the piano."
Well, we certainly had a good time on Friday night and the residents thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I've never seen them up dancing, so the music and entertainment must have been very good! We will have you return sometime in the next couple of months for another show."
Director - Property Operations - New Chelsea, Vancouver
Some of the places Ingvar has entertained:
- Heritage Village, Vineland, Ont.
- Christmas Party, Oakville, Ont.
- St. Joseph's Villa, Dundas, Ont.
- Lundy Manor, Niagara Falls, Ont
- Niagara Manor, St. Catherines, Ont.
- Heritage Place, Burlington, Ont.
- Chartwell Willoughby Manor, Niagara Falls (Comedy Hour!)
- Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, St. Catharines, Ont.
- Maplecrest Village, Grimsby, Ont.
- Albright Centre, Beamsville, Ont.
- St Catharines Place, St. Catharines, Ont.
- Hearthstone by the Lake, Burlington, Ont.
- Southbrook Retirement Community, Brampton, Ont.
- Georgetown Senior Center, Halton Mills, Ont.
- Macassa Lodge, Hamilton, Ont.
- Elliott Community Center, Guelph, Ont.
- The Loyalist, St. Catherines, Ont.
- Henley House, St. Catharines, Ont.
- John Noble Home - Brantford Ont.
- Vistamere Residence, Oakville, Ont (repeat shows)
- Several Chartwell facilities
- Chelsea Park, Vancouver
- Normanna Rest Home, Burnaby
- Gilmore Gardens Seniors Residence, Richmond
- Hollyburn House, West Vancouver
- Westminster House, Surrey
- Newton Senior Centre, Surrey
- Fountains of Mission - Calgary
- Royal Park Retirement Residence, Calgary
- Edgemont Retirement Residence, Calgary
- Kiwanis Manor, West Vancouver
- The Cedars, Mission BC
- Courtyard Gardens, Richmond, BC (repeat shows)
- Hope Care Centre, Hope, BC
- Tabor Home Society, Abbotsford, BC
- Carrington House, Mission, BC
- Kamloops Renaissance Retirement Residence, Kamloops, BC (Repeats)
- The Hamlets at Westsyde, Kamloops, BC (repeats)
- Austine House, Ladner, BC
- Murrayville Manor, Langley, BC
- Residences at the Belvedere, Coquitlam, BC
- Weinberg Residence, Vancouver, BC (repeats)
- Crofton Manor, Vancouver, BC
- Chelsey Point, Vancouver, BC
- Willow Manor, Maple Ridge, BC
- Birchwood Retirement, Chilliwack, BC
- Langley Gardens, Langley, BC
- Dufferin Senior Home, Coquitlam, BC (several shows)
- The Shaughnessy Stroke Recovery Group, Vancouver
- Laughing Bean, Vancouver (several shows)
- South Granville Senior Centre, Vancouver (several shows)
- Pacific Carlton Senior Home, White Rock
- Zawas Comedy Club, Vancouver
- The Press Box Comedy Club, Vancouver
- Crafts and Arts Fair, Lynden, WA
- Everson Senior Center, WA
- Lynden Senior Center, WA
- Lynden Museum, WA
- Bellingham Senior Center, WA
- St. Josephs Hospital, Bellingham, WA
- Stafholt Senior Home, Blaine, WA
Ingvar performs the old fashioned way, with lots of audience participation.
"It's like having several entertainers all at the same show.."
To liven things up he also does stand-up comedy and stage antics. (Victor Borge has been Ingvar’s hero since childhood!) "Working on the Railroad" has really never been meant to be a funny song... but it is now. Ingvar+crowd+piano = fun.
And there's MORE! He now throws in some unexpected MAGIC tricks. No one knows where that came from. It's almost like the old vaudeville shows. Not boring, that's for sure.
"He's like a box of chocolades,
not sure what you can expect."
Ingvar has entertained in senior centers, English pubs, Legions, restaurants and country inns since his high school days when he learned how to fake songs on the piano. He still fakes them. Maybe a little better.
He was born and raised in Norway (YES - he knows the 'old Norwegian songs!) and has lived in Canada and US since 1971. His music and antics have entertained folks since day one in Canada where he played in the Seamen's Church and pubs in Montreal.
These days he lives in Grimsby, Ontario.
Please don't hesitate to call Ingvar for more information or to book an event. He is very flexible since he's a geek and works from home.
The regular show’s duration is about an hour and change but he has been known to carry on until the last person packs it in.
"Hi Ingvar, Thank you so much again for playing a our volunteer recognition tea.
It was great!!! We would definitely love to have you back.
Alanna, South Granville Senior Centre.
A reasonable tuned piano is required.
NEW - I can rent a keyboard for an additional $50.
He tries not to schlep around a piano...